Why Register in advance?
MGA Con wants to be able to provide the best service possible for our attendees and guest. In doing so MGA Con must be able to know who we have attending. MGA Con gets a wide variety of guests and attendees. With the majority of them being on Saturday, we recommend all attendees to register in our early registration online or Friday night. Prices for online registration are much less registering online than the day of the event.
Friday Night Registration:
Starts at 6:00pm-10:00pm in the Convention center at the registration booth.
Pre-Registered guests may pick up their badges starting Friday night at 6:00 pm. Please have your confirmation email available.
If you are registering as a walk-in (you did not pre-register) and request a single day membership (admission), it is only for that specific day that you are present and not any other day of the event.
There is adequate parking available at the convention center and is free of charge.
MGA Con is scheduled for early registration in the convention center from 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM Friday night. Registration starts at 9:00 AM Saturday; Events start at 10:00 AM and run through Sunday until 5:00 PM.
Family Friendly Convention:
MGA Con is a family friendly convention that promotes a positive healthy environment for all ages. Some animated and comic book titles may not be appropriate for young children and some retailers in the Dealers room will be selling items aimed to an older crowd. We ask that there be parental supervision while visiting our convention. We are not aimed for very young children, there for there may be some activities that may not be appropriate for children of young ages. If you have any concerns or questions please feel free to talk with a MGA Con Administrator or Staffer, or email us at MGAComicCon@gmail.com.
MGA CON has a NO weapons policy. This policy covers the Convention Venues (The Anderson Conference Center and the adjoining parking lots). MGA CON security and local law enforcement will be present at all times during the convention. You will be under observation, even if you don’t have a weapon or are wearing a costume.
- NO live steel (real swords, daggers, knives, metal items with sharp edges)
- NO projectile firing weapons, unless they have been disabled so as to make them permanently inoperable, must have a ½ inch wide orange tip and must be inspected and peace bonded.
- NO bows unless unstrung, (can not be strung even for pictures).
Real Weapons Include, but are not limited to:
Firearms and ammunition of any and all sorts, rifles, shotguns, handguns, BB guns, pellet guns, cap guns, airsoft weapons, paintball guns, nerf guns, blow guns, tasers, explosives, knives, swords (including katana and other martial art style swords), daggers, sword canes, switchblades, balisong (butterfly) knives, axes, hatchets, polearms, martial arts weapons, brass knuckles, pepper spray, mace, and any projectable item, toy or real, whether or not such real working weapon is loaded.
- All weapons brought to the convention are subject to inspection.
- All weapons sold in the Dealers Room can only be purchased by mail order and are shown for display only.
Prop and Replica Weapons:
- Prop and Replica weapons ARE permitted at MGA CON.
- Prop weapons made of wood, cardboard, cloth, or foam are permitted at MGA CON and are subject to inspection, not exceeding 7 ft.
- Weapons that are too realistic must be peace bonded or removed from the convention.
Peace Bonded Weapons
A peace bonded weapon is an item that has been inspected by MGA Con security and has been secured with a brightly colored tie signifying that the weapon has been inspected by MGA Con security.
- Weapon inspections must be permitted in order to obtain entry, or continue attendance at the convention.
- In order to protect their own safety and that of others, MGA CON attendees understand, and consent that designated MGA CON staff and security personnel throughout the convention have an absolute right to inspect costumes, weapons, and any other items. Badges may be confiscated at any time if inspections are not permitted.
- Only MGA CON Staff may determine whether any particular item is covered by the policy. Persons who do not cooperate with the MGA CON Staff will have their badge confiscated and will not be allowed re-admittance.
Security director has final say on all aspects of weapons policy.
ANY AND ALL PERSONS WHO CARRY OR OTHERWISE BRING PROP WEAPONS, REPLICAS OR SIMILAR ITEMS ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE AND LIABLE FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE, TO PROPERTY OR PERSON INJURED. ALL PERSONS INTENTIONALLY OR ACCIDENTALLY CONDUCTING ANY OF THESE SITUATIONS ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE. MIDDLE GA COMIC CONVENTION INC. IS NOT AND SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY INJURY, HARM, DAMAGE, OR OTHER RISK OR LIABILITY ASSOCIATED WITH ANY PERSON OR USE OF ANY WEAPON, REPLICA, OR PROP.